The First Stop on the Road to the Destruction of Humanity

Friday, June 25, 2004

Random Rant: "unAustralian"? I think not.

Here's a letter that I submitted to The Age newspaper:

===

The Coalition's continual usage of the word "un-Australian" just goes to show how conservatives have forgotten the idea of a loyal Opposition. Just because the Labor party does not support the war on Iraq, or forcing schools to fly the flag, does not mean that they are "un-Australian". Last time I checked, neither of those ideas were particularly "Australian"... in fact, they sound more like American ideas to me. Australians are not "Australian" because of their position on any issue. They are Australians because they live here and work here, and are proud of their country.

===

That also goes for being "un-American", "un-Canadian" and "un-Nauruan".

3 Comments:

At 12:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great John, I feel the same way.

 
At 12:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes this is Joon btw ^

 
At 1:40 pm, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Thanks for the support. It didn't get put in the paper... but I reckon if I'd added my age to it I would have got it published.

 

Start Ranting

<< Home