The First Stop on the Road to the Destruction of Humanity

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Just went to see it yesterday, and all I can say is: WOW!! It's better than the first two in many ways. For one thing, it does not attempt to stay totally in sync with the books, making the story more suited to the big screen. The special effects were brilliant (obviously), but I liked the design of the dementors- they had me cringing whenever they came on screen. Also, Harry, Ron and Hermione were all much better played in this movie, and they came across as real people.
What this movie seems to have been successful in doing is transforming the book into a movie, rather than just using the book as the script. Even though I'd read the book, It pretty much allowed me to follow the story as if I hadn't.

Nobeno! (farewell!)

0 Comments:

Start Ranting

<< Home