The First Stop on the Road to the Destruction of Humanity

Monday, September 06, 2004

Australia: Not Globo-Cop

In the past few years, Australia(well, the Howard government at least) has shown a disturbing tendency to act more and more like the US: calling people UnAustralian, buying cruise missiles, and participating in American missions like Afghanistan or Iraq. This is wrong and bad. Australia is not America. We do not have the same resources, we do not have the world's most powerful military and we don't have the same mindset(yet). Attempting to become Deputy Globo-Cop is bad for Australia in general and our military personnel in specific. Australian personnel should only be involved in missions in Blue Helmets.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 pm, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Yes, I do know a lot of people from America... I lived there for two years. America is a big and varied land, though, and I don't think my experience of living in Pleasanton, California, showed me everything about America. I have many American friends.

In this comment, I said nothing bad about America. I said that acting like America, or at least the Bush administration, is a bad idea for Australia.

I do dislike the current American administration, however that has little to do with my opinion towards individual Americans.

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Afghanistan has been turned from a war-torn nation where women are persecuted by the oppresive central government... to a war-torn nation where women aren't persecuted by the virtually non-existent central government. America hasn't contributed enough and hasn't actually helped the Afghanis enough to build a real nation, leaving it in the hands of warlords and oil-pipeline companies.

 

Start Ranting

<< Home