The First Stop on the Road to the Destruction of Humanity

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Rifle Ranges, Swimming Halls?

The richest private schools across Australia are whining that their already high fees will rise if the Labor government passes its educational policy. Well, excuse me if I don't cry. Among the facilities that taxpayer's dollars are paying for in these schools are rifle ranges, horse stables, and swimming halls... hardly educational necessities, I'd think. Of course, not all students at these schools are from wealthy families, but I doubt they would complain much if the stables or the rifle range was shut down instead of raising fees. And the wealthy families? If they want rifle ranges or horses for their children, go out and buy a membership in a club. Taxpayer money shouldn't be paying for luxuries.

(this letter I wrote was published in The Age newspaper)

0 Comments:

Start Ranting

<< Home